History Repeats Itself

When I was in first course, I went to a Catholic school where we had to wear uniforms every day. One precious day a year, all the kids were immune to wear whatever they wanted for the grandest day of all…picture twenty-four hours. One male child? Got to wear a turtle neck and Dearest BEADS . He was totally the coolest 6 year onetime in all of 1971. Only non me, nope….my mom put me in an itchy green dress with an ugly scarf to become with it. I did accept some pretty rockin' white patent boots though so it offset my otherwise center aged attire just a little fleck…merely not much. Information technology didn't aid that I was sort of a chubby child with no athletic skills that people picked on.

I got to school on picture day and afterward enduring an awful lot of laughter over my stylish dress light-green polyester frock, I looked around and realized all the "popular girls" had bangs while I did non. My mom prided herself on not having given in to cutting my bangs despite my begging her…I had long wavy brown hair that she could do all sorts of things with to brand me await fifty-fifty more like a eye aged 70's housewife. (And not that at that place is anything wrong with housewives, simply honestly, practice any of yous want to look like your Mom did then? Hip and cool were then not in vogue then in heart America…)

Well, I showed her a affair or two. Everyone, please meet Stiletto Mini, the 6 year onetime version of The Stiletto Mom.

Mary Anne's bangs

See those crooked bangs? Yep, those were clipped by yours truly in Sis Mary Catherine Francis Angelica Margaret Elizabeth Anne Catherine'south (because you can't have too many Catherine's) class with a pair of little kid safety scissors. Await at that uneven line…but more than importantly, look at that evil gleam in my eyes. VICTORY! I may be dressed all wrong but man…I showed her….I totally jacked my hair 5 minutes before pictures…accept that! Too? While it looks like I take a missing tooth? I don't…information technology'due south a SPIT GAP. Ok, so permit'due south put all this together, chubby kid, dressed like a 1970'southward polyester wearing forty twelvemonth old, uncool hair plus spit gap equals??? You got it, 6 year old meltdown with condom scissors. Granted, it could wait worse but in that location was a good iv minutes spent trying to make them announced fifty-fifty for the picture with tremendous amounts of nun spit and I believe Elmer's Glue…though I tin can't be sure.

When my Mom came to pick me up that day, the nun stoically marched me out to the auto and handed me over to my horrified Female parent. I'm not sure, merely I think they could hear her scream all the mode upwards in Oklahoma, "OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!! WHAT HAVE You DONE TO YOUR HAIR????" And what did I say? "I fixthed it Mommy."

Then when Oklahoma heard these very words come out of my oral cavity some 37 years later this weekend, they should not accept been surprised. None of this should be a shock to me either considering Miss G is a carbon re-create of me. (Wanna know what she looks like? The picture in a higher place, with blonde pilus….evil gleam in eye is the same)

Keeping in listen that Miss M's circumstances are totally different…she has a the tiniest chip of a spit gap, is very fit, wears super cool clothes and is more often than not popular, the thing I learned this weekend is bad hair happens to all of u.s.a..

Apparently, it went downward like this. She had a headband and put it in her hair. Her hair, however, did not desire to cooperate and would not course the perfect swoopy on her forehead. So doing what whatever logical 6 year former girl birthed by me would do…she got out the pair of scissors and went to boondocks. While she did not create the full bangs like I did, she managed to take a huge chunk of hair out of the heart of her face and elected not to tell me but to constrict it into the headband (you know, considering I'd never figure it out right?)

Well I did effigy information technology out. While I was on the phone with my cousin (who knew my mother all as well well) suddenly Oklahoma heard from a crazed Catholic Mom from Texas 1 more time…"OH HOLY MOTHER OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY!!!! WHAT Take You Done TO YOUR HAIR????" And what she say? "I fixthed information technology Mommy."

Well, of form you did. And now, Miss G, y'all have bangs only like Mommy did in first form. You bask growing those out honey.